Assistant Editor, Branded Content and Events
Eco-Business is looking for a new Assistant Editor, Branded Content and Events to join its team.
Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading independent media organisation dedicated to reporting on sustainable development and responsible business in the region.
We are a sustainable social enterprise that helps Asia Pacific’s businesses along an environmentally and socially responsible, low-carbon path. We educate and advocate on sustainable development. We remain committed to helping businesses, governments, NGOs, research institutions and think tanks get their stories published and read by a wider audience by providing platforms for them to share ideas and best practices, advance public awareness and stimulate debate about sustainable development.
We organise sustainability-related events and bespoke high-level roundtables for our clients. These events enable progressive and open dialogue on targeted issues and give our clients vital personal contact with key industry stakeholders, enabling them to build influence and generate business.
Reporting to the Global Director, Partnerships and Events, you will be responsible for branded content production as well as programming for Eco-Business and client events.
You will look after the company’s branded content production, including overseeing and writing feature stories, managing and writing for Eco-Business’s social media assets, and helping to deliver editorial projects. Your duties will include pre-sale research, concepting and ideation of branded content projects; presenting to partners and leading meetings; brainstorming, reporting, writing and editing branded content, as well as sourcing and commissioning of relevant freelance writers.
For Eco-Business and client events, you will lead content development and create exciting, relevant and engaging programmes, and source and invite interesting speakers. You will work with the Marketing & Operations team to deliver marketing and promotional materials for the events, have oversight of event logistics, as well as draft and send press releases and handle media invitations and requests.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and creating high-quality branded content – news, opinion, videos, visuals
- Reporting, writing and editing stories, narratives, explainers, video documentary concepts and/or data visualisations
- Social media management, LinkedIn group management, different social media platforms, and reader engagement via comments and tweets
- Presenting content ideas and angles to partners and leading meetings
- Programming and logistics oversight for Eco-Business and client-sponsored events
- Source and invite speakers for Eco-Business and client events
- Work closely with the Marketing and Operations team
- Draft and send press releases and handle media
- Presenting at / or moderating industry and Eco-Business events
Required experience (to be discussed in detail at interview):
- A keen interest and experience in covering sustainability and development issues
- A university degree in English, Literature, Communication Studies, or any other relevant field
- At least three to five years of journalism experience in the newsroom of an established media outlet, or a freelancer with a portfolio of work published in reputable media outlets
- A proven track record of identifying and writing creative and original news stories, and successful follow-up to promote them amongst readers and social media users
- Ability to project-manage multiple portfolios, work well under pressure and complete tasks according to deadlines
- Have a keen eye for detail and accuracy, and superb written and spoken English language skills; a fluent second language will be considered favourably
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a small but dynamic organisation
It is a plus if you have the following experience and / or skills:
- Event and programming experience
- Personal interest to maintain knowledge of new or evolving branded content trends and information
- Confident presentation skills, able to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and guide partners through the creative process, from pre-sales to project wrap
- Familiarity with design and web tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS
- Ability to cultivate an expanding network of expert writers, contributors and speakers
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eco-Business brand
The role is based in Singapore. Some travel may be required occasionally.
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing test.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Christina Muniandy, Operations Manager, at email@example.com and Stefanie Beitien, Global Director, Partnerships and Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is 15 January. Immediate availability is favourable.
This role is open to Singapore citizens/PR or those eligible for a Letter of Consent (LOC).
We look forward to your application!
|Instructions for how to apply||Please send a covering letter and CV to Christina Muniandy, Operations Manager, at email@example.com and Stefanie Beitien, Global Director, Partnerships and Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Closing date for applications||15th January 2020|