Awards Competition & Events Coordinator
The LafargeHolcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction promotes responses to the technological, environmental, socioeconomic and cultural issues affecting the built environment. LafargeHolcim Awards is the world’s most significant competition for sustainable design, celebrating innovative, future-oriented and tangible sustainable construction projects and visions. We are seeking a highly motivated Awards Competition & Events Coordinator (100%) to complement our small and dynamic team based in Zurich-Oerlikon. You will liaise with our network of international experts and members of our Board and Academic Committee which is based at ETH Zurich and EPFL Lausanne. Preparing jury meetings, communicating with Awards participants and co- organizing ceremony events in five regions of the world will be part of your new challenge.
You possess excellent organizational skills, a flair for travel and event management as well as for guest relations. You have great attention to detail and a strong drive to deliver on time. You enjoy working in a multinational environment, are people-focused and exercise independent judgment. You have a demonstrated capacity to work intensively and proactively.
You have experience in business administration and/or project management. You have an advanced capacity in MS Office and collaborative online applications. Excellent written and verbal competency in English are required. Additional language and/or communications skills are an advantage.
We offer attractive employment conditions corresponding to those of our sponsor LafargeHolcim Ltd, the global leader in building materials and solutions.
Awards Competition & Events Coordinator
Two Awards Competition & Events Coordinators are responsible for the organization and coordination of assigned events connected with the LafargeHolcim Foundation. They take care of all tasks related to events management including the booking and invoicing of flights, transfers, venues, accommodation, catering, taking into account participants’ special requirements as well as regional customs and traditions.
The Awards Competition & Events Coordinator reports to the General Manager and works in cooperation with the Head of Communications to support the communications strategy of the Foundation. The Awards Competition & Events Coordinator needs to travel to reconnoiter hotels, restaurants and venues as well as to host the guests on site.
An integral aspect of the role is the building of positive and lasting relationships with Awards Coordinators and communications professionals from LafargeHolcim Countries and external stakeholders (Associated Universities, Awards Ambassadors, Awards Jurors, Awards prize winners including alumni, etc.).
- Organization of the Foundation’s events and workshops (e.g. regional and global LafargeHolcim Awards ceremonies, regional and global Jury meetings, LafargeHolcim Forums, Roundtables, Awards Labs, Board meetings)
- Documentation of the Foundation’s events and workshops (Guidelines, Manuals, After‐Action Reviews, budget reviews and other statistics)
- Organization, booking and invoicing of flights, transfers and accommodation for participants, venues, catering, etc.
- Creation of itineraries and documents (including visa application support) for event participants
- Coordination of local event hosts and event management agencies (on‐site and off‐site)
- Establishment of temporary Foundation offices abroad
- Execution of communications projects upon request
- Maintaining positive working relationships with Awards Coordinators in the Countries to secure their support of the Foundation beyond the Awards competition and ceremonies
- Liaison with external suppliers (agencies, graphic designers, translators, photographers, etc.)
- Communicate with nominated/former Awards and Next Generation prize winners, jurors, etc.
- Supporting the Awards project verification process including professional liaison with the authors
- Create, check and/or produce internal and external documentations and publications
- General administration duties (correspondence, time recording, expenses handling, etc.)
Level of education/qualifications:
- Vocational education/Diploma in business administration
Specific work experience:
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record (multinational company a plus)
- Background in event management, travel or public relations agency, airline or hotel business
- General administration experience
- Experience in project management
- Able to work with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Suite (Mail, Drive, Sheets)
- Capacity to rapidly acquire proficiency/apply new applications (software, apps, etc.)
- Interest in architecture, construction, environment, sustainable development
- Interest in new media and social media
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Open‐minded, approachable and inclusive team player
- Able to work with colleagues who are geographically distant
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus and a service‐oriented attitude
- Able to work under pressure, multi‐task, and maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Willing to and capable of traveling and working abroad (~5%)
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Additional language skills are an advantage
Applications and further enquiries
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via email: email@example.com.
If you have further questions regarding the position, please email Edward Schwarz, LafargeHolcim Foundation.
|Email address for enquiries||Please email Edward Schwarz at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Instructions for how to apply||Please submit your resume and cover letter via email: email@example.com.|