Ceremonial Operations Manager
Ceremonial Operations Manager
The Old Police House, Hyde Park, London (with travel to all parks)
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic and precious parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital, as well as a refuge for nature.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now seeking a Ceremonial Operations Manager to join our team on a full-time basis working 36 hours per week.
– Salary of £40,000 – £45,000 per annum, depending on experience
– 26 days’ annual leave pro rata plus public holidays
– Pension scheme
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced events planner to take the next step in their career and help lead the operational plans for the exciting events that take place across our Parks.
Playing an integral role in the success of ceremonial events, you will be developing your skills and experience whilst supporting events that portray the history, culture and depth of our country.
It is more important than ever that events are well planned and thought through so that the public can experience what the Royal Parks have to offer, have fun and stay safe. And that’s where you come in.
As a Ceremonial Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading the operational plans and overlay of ceremonial events hosted at the Royal Parks.
Reporting to the Head of Events, Ceremonies and Filming, you will specifically focus on the planning for all ceremonial events and the upcoming Platinum Jubilee celebrations which will take place in June 2022.
In this role, you will share plans internally, across all our departments and work closely with a range of people including operations and planning teams in government departments, agencies and authorities across London. It will be vital that you understand complex logistical event operations and are able to find solutions for issues quickly and efficiently, as part of multi-agency planning.
Additionally, you will:
– Create and maintain a master schedule that follows, and is synchronised with, wider Ceremonial plans
– Lead on internal operational plans that are the responsibility of TRP (The Royal Parks), ensuring they are
compliant with wider city plans
– Deconflict and scenario plan the overlay of commercial major events and ceremonials across TRP
To join us as a Ceremonial Operations Manager, you will need:
– Sufficient relevant experience working in major events
– To be competent in dealing with multi-agency working environments to deliver major events
– Sufficient experience of working in outdoor venue management
– Experience of delivering events in high profile Grade 1&2 listed landscapes
– Event management, venue management and project management skills
– Event operations, planning, crowd management, Health and Safety and logistics skills and/or knowledge
– An understanding of park protection and sustainable and accessible events
– Good finance skills including budget holding, good record keeping, invoicing and chasing payments
– An Event Management degree or equivalent
– A Crowd Management Diploma or training qualification
– IOSH or other health and safety qualification
– A Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2