Commitment to Zero Program Manager
With direct support from the Director of Sustainability, the Commitment to Zero Program Manager will develop campaigns and programs that support Commitment to Zero, and will work with the regional Sustainability Managers in the field to implement them. The Program Manager will support both internal and external Commitment to Zero reporting, including vetting energy and waste data and developing reports, be a key contributor to the annual Progress Report in content and process, and will evaluate other external reporting mechanisms such as CDP, DJSI, SASB, etc. and provide recommendations to the team.
This role will work with the Director of Sustainability, Vail Resorts’ Sustainability Team, and employees across business units to identify and implement sustainability projects and programs.
These programs will be in support of the Commitment to Zero initiative, and our environmental goals including energy and emissions, zero waste, forest health and more. This role will focus on developing programs for critical elements of our sustainability goals and implementing these to drive progress across our resort portfolio.
- Initiate, oversee, and support implementation of our Commitment to Zero vision and environmental sustainability programs to achieve a zero net operating footprint across all 20 of our resorts.
- Research and stay current on industry best practices around systems, processes, and technology to keep us out front in our industry. This includes evaluating the latest trends in sustainability reporting, investor relations, goal setting and achievement, and other relevant topics.
- Support the integration of new resorts into Commitment to Zero.
- Develop documentation of operational processes and procedures for the Commitment to Zero team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders, such as Food & Beverage, Strategic Alliance, Procurement, and Marketing.
- Provide analytical and communications support for critical special projects related to the Commitment to Zero team deliverables and roadmap, as necessary.
- Be a sustainability leader that drives innovative programs in the areas of energy and emissions, waste, supply chain management, and other relevant areas to inspire our employees and our guests.
- Significant focus will be placed on achieving Vail Resorts’ 50% waste diversion goal by the end of 2020.
- Project management: Effectively manage complex capital and budgetary projects that may involve multiple departments, time constraints, and external partners that further our sustainability goals.
- Engagement and outreach: Effectively communicate environmental sustainability through various channels that will demonstrate leadership and drive guest and employee loyalty to our programs and resorts.
- Teamwork: Act as a contributor and leader within the greater Vail Resorts Sustainability Team.
- Supports branding, positioning, and outreach of environmental initiatives to guests, employees, and communities in alignment with Epic Promise.
- Occasional travel will be required to our resorts as well as to offsite events.
- Primary work location at Corporate HQ in Broomfield, Colorado
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to facilitate strategic dialogue and problem solving across multiple departments
- Knowledge of energy and waste systems
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups and making new relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work un-supervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient skills in Excel required
- Experience with sustainability reporting frameworks such as GRI, CDP, GRESB, SASB, etc.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 4+ year experience preferably in sustainability including energy and waste reduction
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience with waste diversion and waste reduction strategies
- Experience with energy management and energy efficiency strategies
Apply at https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/corporate/job/Broomfield-Commitment-to-Zero-Program-Manager-CO-80020/584086200
Date: Sep 17, 2019
Location: Broomfield, CO, US
Company: Vail Resorts
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world’s most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply on company website|