Director, Digital Event Strategy & Production
The Dow Jones Live Journalism team is seeking a Director of Digital Events and Experiential to help develop, drive, and deliver the next era of data-driven, news-led, ambitious live events, virtual broadcasts, and interactive experiences for global audiences, sponsor partners, and other diverse stakeholders. Preceded by a legacy of more than one hundred years of journalistic excellence in print and digital publications and business resources (The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, MarketWatch, and Mansion Global), Dow Jones brings together world-leading data, media, membership and intelligence solutions to power the professional world. Dow Jones continues to transform its products, services, and offerings to meet the moment and the evolving needs of the global business community. To that end, we recognize that our hugely successful live events, be they in person, virtual or hybrid, now more than ever, need to tell compelling stories in formats that engage and entertain, as much as inform.
As a director and consultant to our Live Journalism team, you will help shape and define the future of live events and broadcasting at Dow Jones. As such you will have expert level knowledge of broadcast and live event production.You will be a self-starting, goal-oriented leader with a strong background in creative experiential concepts and technical event production, in broadcast, video, and virtual platform solutions. You will exhibit and support our core values: curiosity, innovation, and collaboration.
Reporting to the VP, Global Events, you will drive measurable strategies for growth, data collection, quantitative and qualitative analysis, sponsor synergy, and creative engagement across our portfolio of live and hybrid events. You will manage cross-functional vendor teams of technical production, interactive design, and virtual platform development, as well as serve as a trusted advisor and subject-matter expert for all virtual event planning and technical production activities across events, membership, and marketing teams. You will facilitate the distillation and distribution of key events performance metrics across our business units and assess existing plans to ensure business alignment and continued innovation. Your role will research and evaluate trends in a competitive multidisciplinary media landscape and implement solutions to optimize and elevate Live Journalism offerings.
You are a dynamic, self-starter with excellent communication skills, and a willingness to challenge convention, build relationships, and think critically and creatively about new event technologies and work processes:
- Manage projects, production timeline, costs, and quality control for rolodex of vetted, external production, platform, creative agency, and experiential vendors.
- Develop best practices for content hosting, interactive event technology solutions, virtual lead generation, and broadcast and hybrid presentation.
- Collaborate with the Innovation, Technology, News, Marketing, Events, Programming, Sales, and Sponsor teams to bring business initiatives to life — on brand, on time, on budget.
- Serve as a resource and sounding board for junior and senior colleagues seeking to integrate technology into their workflow and offerings.
- Propose new and/or unconventional ways of working and engaging, and improve and iterate upon these new ideas for different audiences, stakeholders, partners, and event goals.
- Proactively support business management with long-term planning initiatives.
- Provide data-led assessments of existing processes and productions, offering detailed analysis and solution ideation for improvement.
- 7-10 years in event and experiential creative and technical production, with strong familiarity in video, broadcast, livestream, and/or digital media landscape.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Exceptional time management finesse with competing priorities, high expectations, and a fast-paced, geo-diverse, deadline-rich environment
- Capability to move easily between generating big, creative ideas, and driving ongoing process improvement
- Experience working cross-functionally across multiple teams and disciplines
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ MEMBERSHIP GROUP
Job Category: Marketing Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view “Find Jobs – Dow Jones.” Thank you.
Req ID: 22964
Click here for more information and to apply online.
|Job Category||Research, Sales, Virtual|