Director of albert (Sustainability)
BAFTA is seeking a talented Project Director to lead albert, the sustainability project for the Film and Television industry.
Reports to: MD BAFTA Enterprises
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Remote initially, travel to work in London is essential but may only be necessary for part of the week. The role has a national remit and, at times, will require you to work unsocial hours.
Start Date: January 2021
Salary: Up to £65,000 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 15 January 2020
BAFTA is a leading global charity focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social changes for all through the transformative power of film, games and television. We are well known for our flagship awards events across those sectors, however we do so much more than that.
Through our global reach, our aims are to: champion the art and the craft of the moving image industry, champion and nurture and recognise talent, and champion the industry environment. We do this by identifying and celebrating excellence, supporting talent through recognition and long-term support – particularly within under-represented groups – and enabling a positive, inclusive, accessible and connected industry.
Sustainability has never been more relevant or more high profile than now – BAFTA has led and facilitated the TV Consortium, albert, since its conception nearly a decade ago. albert aims to enable every part of the screen industry to eliminate waste and carbon emissions from production whilst empowering industry creatives to make editorial content that supports a vision for a sustainable future.
albert is the screen industry authority on environmental sustainability. Founded in 2011, the project supports the industry in eliminating its environmental impact as well as developing on-screen content that is compatible with a sustainable climate.
A BAFTA, indie and broadcaster backed project, albert is proudly industry funded, meaning all our activities are available at the lowest possible cost to organisations and zero cost to individuals.
With events, online tools and training, practical guidance and thought leadership, albert is enabling all screen industry professions to identify and act upon opportunities on and off screen, for effective climate action. Find out more www.wearealbert.org
The Role Purpose
Is to guide the broadcasting, television and film production community in collaborative action for a sustainable future. Focusing on the industry’s environmental footprint and potential to engage audiences on-screen. And to lead the albert project by enabling broadcasters and producers to create content that inspires sustainable living on-screen and create an industry environment to achieve net-zero with restorative benefits.
The ideal person will be:
An exceptional leader with a passion for sustainability to manage the albert project. An individual with demonstrable experience in sustainability and an understanding of the TV or Film production environment.
- Guardian of the albert aims and objectives, bringing the industry closer towards environmental responsibility
- Full oversight of the albert project
- Development of the albert strategy
- Ensure effective delivery of the purpose and aims
- Manage the albert team in line with the growth of the project
- Oversee albert’s initiatives and activity; carbon calculation, certification, communication, events, training, procurement projects, research and foresight projects
- Development of new projects in line with the albert aims
- Oversee the (account) management of all current and potential stakeholders, including international partners
- Seeking and on-boarding new potential members
- Management of the project budget and operations, IP, assets and trademarks, etc
- Delivery of industry training, speaking at events and other project ambassadorial engagement
- Contribute to and improve the project’s brand values
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A qualification in Environmental Management / Sciences / Sustainability (or equivalent)
- Substantial experience within sustainability, in recent senior management / leadership roles
- A track record of achievement in the sustainability sector (e.g. carbon management), in partnership with other agencies and organisations
- A successful track record of leading the design and implementation of sustainability strategies in a high-profile and complex environment
- Proven ambassadorial ability and political astuteness, particularly in the context of engaging industry communities
- Experience of delivering training and/or public speaking
- Senior management experience
- Experience of managing a diverse team remotely
- The ability to deliver complex communications messaging
- The ability to influence at all levels in varying cultures
- Project management expertise and sound problem solving
- Ability to make commercial decisions
- Ability to maintain excellent partner relationships
- An understanding of GDPR
- Passion for the sustainability and screen industries
- Superb communication skills
- The ability to be calm under pressure
- A second language
- An understanding of television or film production process
For more details visit the BAFTA website.
|Job Category||Coordination, Corporate, Training|
|Salary||£65,000 per annum|
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://bamerecruitment.teamtailor.com/jobs/1030169-director-of-albert-sustainability-bafta|
|Closing date for applications||15th January 2021|