Event Operations Manager
Climate Action have a vacancy for a dynamic Event Operations Manager.
About the role
We have an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, passionate, experienced and highly motivated team player to join and lead the event operations side of the business.
The Event Operations Manager will be working closely with many of the most respected names in climate change and sustainability space, including, UN Leaders, Ministers and leading brands such as BMW Group, Siemens, Grosvenor, National Grid and many more. Therefore, we are seeking an individual who strives to deliver an experience, not just an event. The ideal candidate would be well organised, have exceptional attention to detail and outstanding interpersonal skills and will be driven by passion!
As Event Operations Manager, you will lead on the portfolio for events (both existing and launch), managing the operational delivery of the conferences & exhibitions from conception to completion. The Operations Manager will be expected to take care of a number of event management tasks including but not limited to; all event logistics, onsite event management, optimal customer experience planning, sponsor and exhibitor management, budget management, cut-costs without impacting quality, venues/service providers’ selection and management. We are looking for an Operations Manager that doesn’t settle for second best and always thrives for perfection.
The Operations Manager role will constantly evolve and develop as the business grows. The Operations Manager will report directly to the Head of Production.
About Climate Action:
Climate Action is an UN-endorsed platform that facilitates tangible partnerships between the public and private sectors to accelerate the transition to a global green economy and achieve the objectives of the Paris Climate Change Agreement.
Our flagship event, the Sustainable Innovation Forum has grown over the last 10 years to become the largest official side event alongside the annual UNFCCC COP negotiations. We work in long term partnerships with companies like BMW and Siemens helping them engage with:
- Governments at a national, regional and city level
- UN agencies, key climate change policymakers and NGO’s
- Impact investors, major donors and multilateral/development banks
- Businesses from start-ups to multinational companies
- Research/scientific institutes and academic organisations
The subscribers to our climateaction platform comprise of cleantech entrepreneurs, impact investors, corporate sustainability officers and leaders, national and local government environment and climate change policymakers.
Climate Action’s Portfolio of Products Includes:
Climate Action website – news, interviews, policy, analysis, webinars
11TH Annual Sustainable Innovation Forum (9-19 November 2020, Glasgow, UK)
2ND Annual Climate Innovation Forum 2019 (2020, London, UK)
Energy Transition 2.0 Europe (New launch, 2020, London, UK)
3RD Annual Sustainable Investment Forum Europe (March 2020, Paris, France)
5TH Annual Sustainable Investment Forum North America (23 September 2020, New York, USA)
Africa Climate Smart Agriculture Summit (2nd edition, 2021, Nairobi, Kenya)
- Green & Tonic (TBC, London, UK)
About the Candidate:
The candidate should be able to highlight the following skills, interests, and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ event experience within an event managerial role with extensive operational experience on an international level (including sponsor liaison, international event delivery, budget management, registration, customer service, venue/supplier management)
- Flexible approach to running events and the ability to meet the clients’ demands to tight time frames
- Interest in climate change and sustainability space with a desire to organise successful global events with a sustainability approach to reduce the carbon footprint
- Experience in leading operations for conferences on all scales with capabilities of running events for 1000+ people
- Experience in negotiating, procuring, selecting contracting and managing vendors/suppliers
- Budget and cost containment experience
- Efficient in working in a fast-paced environment, independent working style, utilizing strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Confident and able to lead from the front
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, utilised for negotiating and managing stakeholders and clients including excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Self-motivator and able to take responsibility
- Passionate about events and customer delivery and not afraid to get hands dirty when necessary
- Able to travel without restriction
- IOSH qualification preferred
- International experience and foreign language skills are an advantage
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Individual event bonus dependent on event scale and achieving pre-agreed KPI’s.
- Annual bonus linked to achieving budgeted profits
- 28 days holidays – including 8 statutory holidays
- Opportunity to travel internationally to deliver onsite event requirements
- Opportunity to work on prestigious events with highly credible Government Agencies, Heads of State, and leading tier 1 sponsors, key market leaders in the climate change space.
- Superb office and working environment as we are located in the vibrant WeWork Victoria, which provides many excellent staff benefits including full-time barista providing free coffee, complimentary fruit, beer and wine, yoga and meditation sessions. WeWork is also a pet-friendly office, so we welcome well-behaved dogs.
Click here for more information and to apply.
Due to the high level of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.
|Job Category||Coordination, Corporate|