Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit http://www.evergreen.ca
The Event Porter will provide ground & logistical support to internal and external event clients during the set up, execution and tear down of events. The Event Porter will work closely with the Event Managers, Venue Supervisors and Logistic Coordinators to ensure a positive guest experience and successful & seamless event executions.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the venue.
- Assist with venue set ups, tear downs and resets of equipment, rentals, furniture, etc.
- Build relationships with EBW exclusive and preferred event vendors to ensure positive communication and assistance when required.
- Work with a broad range of tools & equipment including power tool, light vehicles and occasionally working from heights *some additional training may be required
- Ability to read and work off floorplans.
- Ensure all in-house furniture and work areas are organized and clean.
2. Customer Service
- Check in with the Event Manager and Venue Supervisor to ensure client satisfaction throughout the event.
- Answer any guest or visitor questions or direct them to someone that can assist them.
- Represent Evergreen in a professional and courteous manner.
3. Policies & Procedures
- Ensure that the venue is run in a safe, orderly and disciplined manner in accordance with Evergreen’s policies and Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure that Evergreen energy, water and waste management policies and programs are maintained during the event.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of EBW. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Supervised by: Senior Manager, Venue Operations
- Experience in property management, security and/or cleaning an asset
- First-aid/CPR certification preferred
- WHIMS training an asset
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Lifting and bending
- Long period of standing
Terms of Contract: part-time, casual
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to:
Please Reference “Event Porter” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
|Job Category||MICE, Outdoor|
|Instructions for how to apply||Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org|