Our vision is a world where the twin challenges of climate change and resource scarcity are addressed by commercial solutions. Sustainable Ventures is the UK’s leading creator of sustainable start-ups. Since 2011 we have founded 8 companies, invested in 15 and supported a further 100. Our team includes some of the country’s most talented venture development and investment professionals, all dedicated to creating value for our community whilst making the world a better place. Through our business Sustainable Workspaces we develop and curate inspiring co-working environments. Our fast growing workspaces in London form Europe’s largest sustainable business ecosystem.
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for bringing our events spaces to life at our new workspace, Sustainable Bankside II. This person will work closely with the Workspace Director to construct and execute an engaging events calendar and build our portfolio of events partners in the sustainability sector.
A day in the life of an Events Coordinator will include: managing booking enquiries and providing tailored packages and quotes to prospective hosts; liaising with hosts in the build-up to an event; creating events crib sheets & schedules; being on the ground, on the day, ensuring everything runs like clockwork; troubleshooting issues before and during the event; optimising all systems and processes to create a seamless events experience; gathering feedback post event and securing repeat bookings.
This is a hands-on role and we’re looking for someone who will be motivated within a fast-paced working environment. It’s an opportunity to take real ownership and build a unique events program in a rapidly growing sector and develop a personal network with startups, corporates and investors.
- Passion for sustainability & environment issues
- 1-2 years experience in an events role
- Sales-minded with the ability to negotiate events packages
- Content running your own weekly schedule on a flexible basis
- Ability to plan and execute events of 200+ attendees
- Detail oriented, problem solver and highly adaptable
- Ability to maintain a smile, no matter the challenge
- Personal alcohol licence
- Experience working behind a bar
- Established network in the sustainability sector
- Hours: 40 hours per week, flexible schedule (including frequent evenings and occasional weekends)
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays
- Salary: £20k-£25k depending on experience / discretionary bonus / long-term incentive scheme
- Location: Sustainable Bankside II, 25 Lavington Street, SE1 0NZ
|Salary||£20k-£25k depending on experience|
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/job-listing/JV.htm?jl=3364265953|