Salary Band: Grade D, £30,693 – £36,110 + London weighting of £3,285 if applicable
Hours of work: Permanent, full-time (flexible working patterns will be considered)
UnLtd is the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK and offers the largest such network in the world. Our mission is to find social entrepreneurs with bold solutions to today’s challenges. Through funding and support, we help them to realise their potential and create lasting change.
We are seeking an experienced Events Manager to lead, oversee and coordinate UnLtd’s event schedule.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Reports To: Head of Communications & Digital
We are looking for someone to take ownership of our events function, overseeing and coordinating events at UnLtd. You’ll be a confident specialist, designing processes which help us to create, produce and measure events across the board, supporting our frontline teams to deliver high quality experiential support to social entrepreneurs and their supporters. And you’ll take charge of producing our larger events to engage external audiences in our work.
You’ll manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation. The role is primarily hands-on and often involves working as part of, and at times leading, a cross-functional team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver an events strategy for UnLtd, outlining how we’ll use events to support our vision, mission and strategy
- Design and implement processes to coordinate events across the organisation that work for you and others
- Act as an ‘events expert’ for the organisation, sharing best practice and adopting a coaching mentality to raise the quality of events across the board
- Directly produce flagship and corporate events for the organisation;
- Support frontline staff to run events for social entrepreneurs, creating templates and ‘events in a box’ to build capacity and quality across the team;
- Maximise events resources by spotting synergies and creating efficiencies across the events we run
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, negotiate pro-bono and low-bono prices take ownership of our relationships, building out a centralised supplier book, including as many social entrepreneur suppliers as possible.
- Work closely with stakeholders to find out their exact event requirements and ask why?
- Produce detailed briefs and proposals
- Manage all pre-event planning, organising guest speakers and delegate packs, suppliers and all event logistics
- Work with the clients and comms teams to publicise and promote the event as well as producing any collateral needed for the actual event.
- Be available and on hand to coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget. This may involve evenings.
- Make sure that facilities, insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed including facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently and producing post-event evaluation to inform future events
- You will put social entrepreneurs and their needs at the heart of our events in order to showcase their work and the support of UnLtd.
- Use UnLtd’s CRM system to manage all events and invitations, developing and maintaining up to date records in-line with Data Protection regulations.
- You may also be expected to support and deliver other projects and tasks, in line with your skills and experience that contribute to our overall organisation objectives beyond your core role.
- You may also be required to attend events during non-work hours and weekends. We also operate a TOIL scheme.
- You will be expected to travel mainly within the UK.
- Have event production experience for a charity or corporate organisation
- An exceptional relationship manager who knows how to get the best out of people
- Adaptable, resourceful and able to prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects while keeping key stakeholders informed and meeting critical deadlines.
- Experience of managing cross-functional internal and external teams with multi-stakeholder management.
- You get results through relationship building both internally and externally.
- You’re a self-starter and leader
- Attention to detail
- You know when to step back and look at the bigger picture.
- You are results driven and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- You are flexible, diplomatic, assertive, with good negotiating skills
- You are energetic and self-motivated – with a readiness to seize new opportunities, eager to source new ideas and to initiate actions which improve results and add value
- You have a deep knowledge of what it takes to create a good event, thinking holistically about all parts of the events puzzle;
- You are methodical and well-organised, adept at juggling multiple concurrent priorities and demands
- You’re extremely organised and enjoy organising others;
- You are a team player and work collaboratively to ensure the best possible outcome for UnLtd, our partners and the social entrepreneurs we support
Applicants are required to provide a supporting statement (no more than 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria to be submitted with a current CV.
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Application Closing Date: Friday 01 November 2019 at 10.00am
- Interviews From: Thursday 07 November 2019
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://www.adzuna.co.uk/jobs/details/1303868300|
|Closing date for applications||Friday 01 November 2019 at 10.00am|