Green Festival training for the development and delivery of a Clare Green Festival programme to community groups in Co. Clare.
The funding required to deliver this project is to be €45,000 maximum inclusive of VAT. The funding shall cover all costs associated with the development and delivery of this Green Festival training programme.
20 month training programme from the period April 2019 to December 2020
Green Festival applicant
The trainer will report to Clarecastle Community Development Company on behalf of Clare Green Festivals.
Role of applicant
The role of the applicant will be to oversee this training project. There will be six meetings during the eighteen month programme. The successful trainer will be required to attend all meetings. This will include an initial introductory meeting, four training review meetings during the course of the eighteen month training programme and a final meeting presenting a completion / progression route report.
Scope of project
There will be a number of elements to consider for the delivery of this project:
- Development of a training programme for existing Green Festival Ambassadors / Leaders who have already participated in the Green Your Festival Ambassador and Leader Training Programme 201/2018 (Phase 1). Training in reviewing and analysing action plans developed by festivals will form part of the training;
- Development of a training programme for new festivals interested in joining the Clare Green Festival initiative;
- Development of network training to help the participating festivals to develop as a network and continue as their own entity beyond this training programme;
- Training on developing a Green Festival and low carbon methodology for future use.
For the purpose of general access for community volunteers any group training modules will be delivered at an appropriate venue in Ennis. Regionalised or localised training within the county is also am requirement of this training programme. It will also be essential to be available to deliver training events during the evening and / or at weekends.
The trainer will be required to develop and deliver training modules to existing and new festival entrants. A minimum of seven training modules shall be developed. Modules will include but not be limited to:
- General awareness & Green House Gas calculation methods. General introduction to the tools for festival “greening”. How to avoid “green washing” through carbon footprint measurement. Step by step guide on nationally / internationally recognised methods, tools & awards on how to green your festival and reduce carbon footprint.
- Community : Specific training of Green Festival Ambassadors on engagement with local event / festival organisers and community leaders to encourage greening
- Business: Specific training of Green Festival Ambassadors on engagement with local business and casual traders to encourage resource efficiency and participation in the Green Festival programmes.
- Transport Sector: Identifying transport providers and engaging with festival goes, transport providers, festival volunteers and others to reduce the environmental impact of attending the festivals associated with transport.
- Communications & social media – Getting the message out there utilising and marketing the green festival concept in a cohesive and coherent manner across the various communication and social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Etc.) All Communications media whether digital or printed will be approved by the steering committee before being published and will become the property of the Clare Green Festivals steering committee upon publication / creation.
- Green Festival Leaders, Additional training for those that display an aptitude / ability on team leadership and green benchmark calculations. This training will establish community based team leaders with supervisory capability and some capability for green house gas calculations.
- Green Festival network training. Local green festival ambassadors or volunteers with strong communication skills to come together for training on developing as a network
The trainer will clearly state the training hours and materials provided for each module
- The trainer shall be responsible for:-
All course materials;
Training support equipment / tools etc;
Training venue / refreshments;
Attendance at six meetings: one initial planning meeting, four training review meetings, a final review and completion report meeting.
Identification & training of Green Festival Leaders from the selected Green Festival Ambassadors being trained.;
Certification of ambassador attendance & learning outcomes;
Project completion report on training outcomes;
Identifying progression routes including network development beyond the training programme;
Green Festival “tool kit” including methodology and manuals.
The trainer must clearly demonstrate that the training modules & materials will address:-
Waste Minimisation & Recycling
Greenhouse Gas Protocol calculations for Carbon Footprinting
Health & Safety of Green Festival Ambassadors
Development of Clare Green Festivals as a network
Recruitment of Green Festival Ambassadors
The training provider will work in partnership / cooperation with Clarecastle Community Development Company as follows:
Identifying a suitable number of festivals for training
Setting out the criterion for the selection of the ambassadors having consideration for the geographical spread of festivals and the type of festival.
Proposed trainee ambassador requirements
The Green Festival trainees need to be local to Co Clare.
Representatives from selected existing and new festivals being trained will be expected to participate in Green Festival leader training and Green Festival network training
Upon completion the trainer will submit a programme completion report to Clarecastle Community Development Company. The completion report will address the satisfactory delivery of training for which the trainer is responsible as set out above.
All Green Festival “tool kits” – materials, manuals etc developed will remain the property of Clarecastle Community Development Company
All course materials including presentations will be provided as part of the completion report – in digital and print form to Clarecastle Community Development Company.
The training course provider must provide evidence, where appropriate, of the following to be deemed eligible for consideration:-
Tax Clearance Certificate
Health & Safety Statement / Risk Assessment
|Job Category||Festivals, Training|
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=140281&B=ETENDERS_SIMPLE&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders|
|Closing date for applications||11th February 2018|