Head of Contracted Services and Sustainability
The OECD is a global economic forum working with 36 member countries and more than 100 emerging and developing economies to make better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. The Organisation provides a unique forum in which governments work together to share experiences on what drives economic, social and environmental change, seeking solutions to common problems.
Within the OECD’s Executive Directorate (EXD), the Conference, Security and Infrastructure Service (EXD/CSI) is responsible in particular for conference services, interpretation and translation services, security of OECD staff, delegates and visitors and the management and operation of OECD buildings, including fire safety, in Paris and at OECD Centres abroad.
Within EXD/CSI, the Buildings, Logistics and Services Division (BLS) the Buildings, Logistics and Services Division (BLS) covers activities such as restaurants and receptions, logistics (removals, deliveries), estate management, upkeep of buildings, cleaning, gardening, travel, insurance, diplomatic sales. EXD/CSI/BLS also delivers the OECD’s entire scope of building management services, including strategic and operational space planning for buildings with a combined surface area of 100,000 square meters and around 3,500 workstations.
EXD/CSI/BLS is looking for a Head of Contracted Services and Sustainability to manage the unit responsible for the provision of contracted support services, which include travel, catering, cleaning and landscape gardening, and the implementation of greening and environmental sustainability projects. The selected candidate will report to the Head of Division.
- Develop contracted services and procurement strategies aiming at fostering efficiency and effectiveness while meeting evolving business needs.
- Develop the Organisation’s multi-year strategy for the corporate environmental and societal responsibility.
- Contribute to the strategic development of a billing framework to ensure cost recovery while allowing clients to decide on their specific requirements.
- Propose, organise and deliver contracted support services across the office buildings, Conference Centres and restaurants at La Muette and in Boulogne.
- Scope, manage and regularly review levels of service and develop/analyse performance measures to ensure quality, cost-efficiency and adequacy of services provided.
- Ensure effective communication on the Unit’s activity through liaison with all staff across the Organisation and Delegations and co-ordinate relevant working groups on specific activities including the catering and cleaning commissions.
- Coordinate benchmarking exercises to ensure provision of cost-effective and efficient service provision.
- Oversee and provide guidance on the development and implementation of the Organisation’s environmental strategy. Monitor the overall effectiveness of environmental initiatives and recommend adjustments as required.
- Supervise and provide guidance on the application of health and safety standards, ensuring the alignment and compliance of Organisation’s work environment with evolving hygiene, health and safety standards of the host country.
- Ensure that good environmental and societal practices in operational activities are duly considered and promoted across the Organisation.
- Manage the budget and coordinate procurement of the Unit’s activities, in line with the Organisation’s rules and procedures. Ensure timely submission of purchase orders and reception of goods and services.
- Supervise, support and develop a multi-disciplinary team in the provision of contracted services, and areas of greening and health and safety. Encourage innovation, teamwork and a high level of achievement. Draw up their objectives and training plans and assess their performance.
- Ensure that the unit’s structure and technical skills evolve in line with the Organisation’s needs.
- Develop surveys and provide regular reports and performance indicators on activity.
- Ensure the general management of greening and health & safety activities and provide guidance to internal and external experts in these domains.
- An advanced degree in architecture, facility management, engineering, business administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of eight years’ professional experience managing contracted services.
- Experience demonstrating broad knowledge of environmental and health and safety issues.
- Experience interacting with multiple stakeholders including high level officials, clients and external providers.
- Solid experience in managing operational teams and supervising outsourced companies.
- Proven experience in programme of work, contracts and budget management.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment woud be an advantage.
- Good practical knowledge of the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the ability to quickly learn relevant software tools used in the Organisation.
- Experience working with Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) tools.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Managing resources, Teamwork and Team leadership, Client focus, Negotiating, Strategic thinking.
- Please refer to the level 4 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed-term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Monthly base salary starting from 8,790 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.
For more details, click here.
(Job Number: 13429)
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://oecd.taleo.net/careersection/ext/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=13429|
|Closing date for applications||2nd March 2020|