Head of Sustainability Europe
The Head of Sustainability Europe is responsible for development, implementation, monitoring and measurement of a comprehensive sustainability program that incorporates sustainability into all aspects of operations across our European markets.
Festival Republic is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
Location: Primary location of work is flexible across Europe and will require travel across European countries. Offices are in UK, Netherlands, Sweden, France, Italy, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Spain, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Norway, Estonia.
- Develop, coordinate and monitor a comprehensive sustainability plan and management System across Europe
- Define and implement specific policies & programmes in the following areas updating them where necessary periodically:
- Waste management (recycling, composting, etc.)
- Carbon Reduction
- Energy efficiency / Renewable energy
- Water and sewage management
- Sustainable travel (audience and production)
- Assess the need for new policies and/or changes to planning documents, confirmation letters, etc. Draft these and provide assistance to assure passage and implementation by appropriate decision-makers.
- Liaise with production and operations teams to ensure sustainable procurement is at the heart of the operations.
- Create and complete an action plan with specific initiatives and targets for reducing the GHG emissions across the business including completing a greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions report for each business within Europe.
- Analyse current functions and facilities based on sustainability criteria.
- Manage the collation, tracking and analysis of data and measure success and cost-effectiveness of programmes. Reporting on the progress of these programmes. Programmes could include but are not limited to:
- Educational activities at venues, offices and festival sites
- Information to the public, including messaging campaigns on various aspects of sustainability, such as recycling, alternative transport, etc.
- Oversee communications around all sustainable initiatives across Europe.
- Oversee other individual sustainability roles (even if not directly line managing them) within the business to ensure alignment.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers or temporary workers to support sustainability initiatives as required.
- Oversee the budget management of all aspects needed to support the environmental activities.
- Be the primary point of contact for advice on sustainability issues to other departments and internal businesses as required.
- The role will have a dotted line to the president of Live Nation Europe.
Competencies/ Skills / Knowledge / Experience
The post requires the education and experience necessary to provide professional, technical and strategic advice, to identify and implement opportunities for improvement in the sustainability performance, carbon emissions reduction and change management.
Education and Training
- A degree in an environmental related subject would be desirable but not essential.
Experience and Knowledge
- Previous experience in an environmental role or activity within LN or for a large organisation would be desirable
- English and a second European language is desired for.
- Previous experience recruiting, training and managing staff.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of a broad range of environmental issues, industry standards, best practice, legislation, etc.
- Project management.
- Budget management.
- Environmental audits.
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels, oral and written.
- Excellent analytical and organisation skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Natural collaborator, working cross functionally and at all levels, internally and externally.
- Attention to detail in preparation and delivery of management information to a wide audience highly developed numeracy and IT skills.
- A positive and creative “can do” approach.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Encouragement, leadership and co-ordination of project teams and stakeholder groups.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables;
- Able to breakdown raw information and undefined problems into specific, workable components that in-turn clearly identifies the issues at hand;
- Anticipates, identifies, and defines problems. Seeks root causes. Develops and implements practical and timely solutions;
- Gathers data and others’ input when making decisions. Considers lessons learned from experience, differing needs, and the impact of the decision on others;
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/head-of-sustainability-europe-flexible-location-at-festival-republic-1251230088/|
|Closing date for applications||9th May 2019|