IKEA Project Leader – City Events Leader COP26
Job Title: Project Manager – City events Lead (COP26)
Job Type: Secondment until 31st of January 2022, 39 Hours p/w.
Location: Glasgow & Edinburgh (travel to SO on occasions will be required, when regulations allow)
About our ambition
By 2030, our ambition is to inspire and enable more than one billion people to live a better everyday life within the boundaries of the planet.
We will accelerate a movement on better everyday living. We will inspire & enable millions of people to live healthier, more sustainable lives, and be part of a more equal society. We will promote circular and sustainable consumption to even more of the many.
We have the power to help to shape the world we live in. We can and will make sustainability the attractive, affordable, and convenient choice. And the importance of ensuring no one is left out. It’s our only choice.
Our journey towards COP26, started more than 75 years ago. We will use the road to COP 26 as a launchpad for a Decade of People & Planet.
IKEA UK & Ireland has a vibrant culture where ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”. We give down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles.
You will be responsible to lead and manage the Scotland Market area COP26 City events and activities Unit project team to deliver the projects in time, cost and scope, whilst controlling risk, securing communication, unleashing co-worker potential to grow and develop their competence, achieving high quality and managing change in a values driven way – business and people together.
• Proven project management experience (3-5 years) and or equivalent qualifications, through leading the implementation of change initiatives, ideally end-to-end in a leading, demonstrating strong leadership capabilities and successful track record in driving business change.
• Leadership experience in changing and/or complex multi-discipline environments.
• An excellent collaborator internally and externally on all levels in the organisation with excellent organisational and communication skills coupled with strong emotional intelligence.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
About the Role / Assignment
• Plan, organise and execute the project events and activities applying the relevant project methodology.
• Be the primary point of contact for the project for the City events and activities in the Market, building effective relationships with all stakeholders and partners to gain buy-in and full cooperation so that the project objectives are achieved.
• Define and sequence activities in the project, estimating duration, developing the schedule and controlling progress.
• Plan resource needs, estimating costs, setting and controlling the budget.
• Secure and lead a competent and high performing team that supports, creative, planning, implantation and close down of each event/activity, involving appropriate competence and ensuring team cohesion.
• Manage communication flow to stakeholders by planning and distributing relevant information at appropriate times and forums.
• Secure the identification, mitigation and control of risk, involving key functions and specialist’s.
• Manage change by engaging stakeholders and identifying learning and communication activities.
• Secure that the project is reviewed and evaluated, with learnings documented.
Mon – Fri prior to COP26, Full flexibility Oct – Nov during event.
If you have any questions or queries with regards to the role please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Conferences, Coordination, Corporate, Exhibitions, MICE, Research|