Junior Event Coordinator
The Jr. event coordinator position at Eco Caters is based on supporting all aspects of FOH responsibilities. This includes but is not exclusive to assisting with event preparation, tasting preparation, meeting preparation, scheduling for upper management, deliveries, inventory check and room upkeep, pack lists, expense reports, cleaning duties, shadowing venue & showroom walkthroughs and social media.
There will be a diverse allocation of time ranging from corporate, special events, weddings and social media marketing. There will also be a responsibility to assist in managing the executive calendar. It will take an organized and self-motivated individual willing to dedicate additional time to networking, attending events, and building a pipeline of relationships to support our sales goals.
Manage/Build Venue Relationships: Contact existing venues and potential venues. Build relationship and maintain. Attend networking events and catered events in order to add new venues and maintain quality at existing venues.
Support FOH Staff: Duties include but are not exclusive to assisting with events preparation, tasting preparation, meeting preparation, scheduling for upper management, deliveries, inventory check, pack lists, expense reports, cleaning duties, shadowing venue & showroom walkthroughs and social media.
Support BOH Staff: Duties include but are not exclusive to assisting with loading, unloading, signing off on deliveries, rental checks and organization.
Executive Support: Scheduling and email management as well as day to day assistance.
Support in Creating Brand Awareness on Social Media: Work closely with our social media manager and marketing director to create and adhere to a schedule for posting content. Build new networks. Attend networking and industry events. Use online platforms like Linkedin to build bridges. Create awareness through personal pipeline.
Support in Managing and Building Venue Relationships: Contact existing venues and potential venues. Schedule walkthroughs to help build and maintain new relationships. Attend networking events and catered events in order to add new venues and maintain quality at existing venues.
Clear Communication: Understand resources, deadlines, and workload and effectively communicate to owner and upper management status of department.
- Achieves Results: Reflects a drive to achieve and outperform, continuously looking for improvements, and accepts responsibility for actions and results.
- Critical Thinking: Methodically analyzes and evaluates sales issues by defining the challenges, identifying alternatives, communicating, and making timely decisions
- Knows the Business: Understands how Eco Caters works and can identify sources of value, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Manages to Results: Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of goals and demonstrates accountability for goal realization
- Manages and Executes: Manages all aspects of engagement/project to ensure outcomes are met and client is retained
- Communication Skills: Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills
- Service Orientation: Listens to and understands the customer, anticipates customer needs, and gives high priority to customer satisfaction
- Builds and Shares Knowledge: Develops and shares subject matter expertise/reusable assets that can be readily applied to sales protocol
- Teams with Others: Creates an environment that values individual perspectives while driving towards common goals; assists teammates as necessary
- Develops Self: Understands own strengths and development needs, learns from experience, and owns personal development
- Develops Others: Recognizes colleagues’ strengths and development opportunities and provides them with ongoing feedback and coaching
- Business Partnering: Promotes collaboration and the sharing of ideas and perspectives with other internal functions and stakeholders
- Effectively contribute to help build, install, and operate social media strategy
- Able to build and maintain relationships
- Proven history of Food and Beverage experience
- Communication skills within a dynamic team environment
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- $17.00 / Hourly
- *Also available to work on-site events for $20-$28/hr (Dependent on role and experience)
- First evaluation after 3 months
- First evaluation after 3 months
- Promotion to Event Coordinator
- Promotion to Event Coordinator “Team Lead”
- Promotion to Market Coordination Manager
- Consult new cities on sales and event procedures
Management Track. EcoCaters believes in promoting from within. The opportunity to advance is open to all employees, and we will work with you to develop your skills and value addition to the business. This position places you in the Management Track and will include clear expectations for development, monthly one-on-ones with our leadership team, and a 6-month review with an opportunity for promotion based on performance.
Are you interested in a fast paced, high energy, ever-changing work environment? Do you love working with local, organic, sustainable foods and are looking to join a company in its hyper growth phase? Eco Caters, is looking for candidates just like you! Eco Caters is an award-winning Sustainable Business, we source local and Organic foods to create high-end special events and sustainable corporate catering. We have experienced outstanding year over year hyper growth and are preparing for the next wave here in 2019!
|Job Category||MICE, Outdoor, Parties|
|Salary||$17 per hour|
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1661962928/?refId=a543fa65-b238-4a05-ab38-1456f1ad0133&trk=d_flagship3_search_srp_top|