PR and Communication Manager
Run The World enables live online events that people love worldwide. Our mission is to create a world where people can easily meet, collaborate, and learn from others with similar expertise, interests, and passions—regardless of their particular location or circumstances.
We’re a global, silicon-valley based, well-funded startup backed by top VC’s and angel investors including Andreessen Horowitz, and C-level executives from Facebook, Twitter, and Atlassian. Our founding team are veterans from Facebook and Instagram and have been featured on TechCrunch, Business Insider, Silicon Valley Business Journal, CNBC, and more.
We’re experiencing explosive growth now more than ever and we’re looking for like-minded high-performers to break the barriers that limit access to knowledge, connections, and communities, and enable people to “Run the World.”
What You’ll Do?
– Stand up our comms strategy. You’ll help us define our core messaging, help us build culture through internal communication, and guide our relationships and brand identity with the press, analysts, and the world at large.
– Conceptualize, craft and pitch stories to national and local media to generate maximum, positive publicity for Run The World and our founders. Help us figure out which media to connect with, when and how.
– Pitch Run The World founders for events and speaking opportunities. Turn our executive leaders into media-trained experts, and determine how we respond to inbound invitations and inquiries.
– Create our story, voice and positioning. Generate press materials including news releases, bios, media alerts, programming announcements, pitch letters and talking points.
– Create, manage and update targeted and specialty media lists
– Coordinate and supervise various media requests to support the business and our founders including interviews, on-set visits and photo shoots
– Manage updates to Run The World press page
– Build and maintain positive relationships with business, consumer, and trade press
– Monitor competitive environment via daily review of competitive/industry news
– Proactively identify press-worthy moments outside of the brand’s existing marketing/launch calendar
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of Public Relations experience, with an agency or in-house. Experience growing with a startup and building out the communication strategy and processes for a successful comms operation.
- You’ve worked in tech communications long enough to have trusted and personal relationships with the media and industry analysts.
- Strong communication skills: must give good pitch – both written and verbal. A sharp, editorial eye with a strong sense of polish and for what’s on-brand and what’s not.
- You’ve helped a company that is newly in the public eye navigate a variety of situations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines. You’re both highly strategic and very executional — you can originate an initiative and see it through to publication.
Apply online here.