Program Coordinator- Energy and Events
The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) is a private non-profit organization creating an inclusive green economy by unlocking innovation, transforming markets and enhancing communities. Founded as an economic development initiative by the City of Los Angeles and its Department of Water & Power (LADWP), LACI is recognized as one of the most innovative business incubators in the world by UBI. In the past six years, LACI has helped 73 portfolio companies raise $184M in funding, $220M in revenue, create 1,700 jobs, and deliver more than $379M in long term economic value. Learn more at laci.org.
The Energy Program Coordinator at LACI will play a key role in advancing the organization’s mission to create an inclusive green economy by helping to build a 100% clean, resilient and sustainable energy future. This role will deliver LACI’s commitments to stakeholders and partners through the coordination and execution of various energy programs, inclusive of coordinating events, content, agendas, logistics, working groups, meetings, notes and communications for the energy programs. The scope will require working closely with the startups in LACI’s portfolio as well as the broader Market Transformation (Transportation, Sustainable Cities, Pilots), Events & Marketing, Development, Unlocking Innovation and Enhancing Communities teams.
What You’ll Do
- Program Coordination: Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of LACI clean energy programs. This includes organizing internal/external team meetings and working groups, program master plan schedule management, action planning and tracking, notes and follow-up distribution, contact list management, and regular report out to LACI management team and partners.
- Event Management: Lead the planning and execution of energy-related events, both LACI events and those led by LACI’s ecosystem partners and grant subcontractors. This includes agenda creation, content development, internal team preparation meetings, event invitations, RSVP management, run-of-show development, action planning and tracking, site logistics, food/drink arrangements, and day-of execution.
- Stakeholder and Ecosystem Engagement: Liaise across teams inside and outside of LACI to maintain strong Energy relationships, including public sector, private sector, nonprofits and startups. Included in this scope are attendance at relevant industry events and conferences.
- Grant Support: Assist LACI with the successful pursuit and execution of grants that support the energy programs, including but not limited to the California Energy Commission EPIC Renewable Energy Innovation Cluster (REIC) grant.
Why You’re Right For The Job
- You are a team player and collaborator: Working with different colleagues and departments comes naturally to you. You can determine other’s needs and how you can problem-solve quickly.
- You care about the details. It doesn’t intimidate you to be responsible for planning multiple meetings with multiple stakeholders, while juggling multiple research, process and content projects. That’s a lot of “multiples”, but your organizational skills and strategies will set you up for success.
- Planning events comes easy to you: When it comes to planning a party or even a group outing, others always come to you because they know you enjoy it and are able to corral a lot of different people and ideas.
- You’re PRO-LACI: you’re a proactive, pro-environment, pro-solutions professional that is dedicated to making the world a cleaner, safer, better place to live in through clean technologies. In addition, you have a commitment to inclusion, or the need for solutions to support all people in a community regardless of race, religion, gender, immigration status, or ethnicity.
Basically, we want to know you can get the job done. This means you have:
- Bachelor’s in Policy, Business, Communications, Environment, Sustainability or Engineering.
- 2-4 years experience working in multi-stakeholder program management.
- Highly professional, comfortable and proficient at interfacing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder personnel ranging from executive / C-level through administrative level.
- Direct event planning and execution experience.
- Experience in the renewable energy and/or clean technology and/or sectors preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, staying cool under pressure.
- Proven self-starter and proactive problem solver.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and the Google equivalents.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. LACI operates out of the La Kretz Innovation Campus, in the bustling Downtown LA Arts District. Since we are rapidly growing, you will be getting in on the ground floor at LACI, with the opportunity to evolve with us and shape your future here.
In addition to working on a campus with other innovators, we offer industry competitive benefits including: paid holidays, vacation/sick time, 401(k) plan, and paid parking. We also support alternative transportation with a metro pass for every employee. Although we trust that you can do amazing work remote or from your home office, this is an in-house only position.
|Job Category||Coordination, Marketing, MICE|