Project Manager, Events & Sustainability Strategy
Three Squares Inc. (TSI) is one of the nation’s leading green event planning and sustainability consulting firms. With the underlying goal of providing the highest quality experience for all attendees with the least environmental impact, our green events team produces conferences and conventions for clients ranging from Honda to South Coast AQMD. Similarly, our sustainability consulting practice helps government agencies, corporations and nonprofits navigate the “green noise” and implement systems to meet and exceed their environmental goals. From sustainability action plan development to reporting & analysis, we work with our clients to set a new bar for their events and operations.
At the heart of TSI is a desire to create a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced, and personal growth is encouraged. We carry our mission of creating sustainable solutions for our clients through to our day-to-day lives. Creating an atmosphere of partnership and collaboration is of the utmost importance as we cannot create balanced solutions if we are not in balance as a team.
Our Project Manager, Events & Sustainability Strategy will be responsible for leading the planning and execution of client projects – ranging from green event productions to corporate sustainability action plans. You’ll use your strategic prowess, project management expertise, and attention to detail to successfully deliver projects on time and on budget, with a thru-line of sustainability.
The Project Manager, Events & Sustainability Strategy will report directly to the President and Vice President. The role is a full-time position based in either our Santa Monica or Seattle office.
– Working cross-functionally to drive the planning and execution of client projects.
– Developing and managing project budgets and timelines.
– Managing client communications, taking meeting notes, and assigning and executing action items.
– Managing and optimizing general event production processes, including sponsor/exhibitor recruitment and coordination, speaker outreach and coordination, and attendee marketing efforts.
– Planning event logistics, negotiating vendor contracts, and developing staffing plans.
– Developing and executing event sustainability measures, including waste diversion systems and sourcing initiatives.
– Researching and synthesizing information for sustainability action plans.
– Tracking and analyzing data for green event certifications, including ISO 20121 and Council for Responsible Sport.
– Developing and implementing strategic communication plans.
– Drafting and editing copy for websites, newsletters, and reports.
– Working with Graphic Designer on development of print and web materials.
– Managing administrative staff and onsite event staff.
– Providing general support to senior level staff.
– Articulating TSI’s mission and service capabilities to clients and staff.
– Respond promptly to all communications from the President and clients (within one business day when not off-site at an event).
– Communicate effectively with junior and senior staff to ensure that internal and external deadlines are met.
– Proof all outgoing correspondence to ensure that communications are devoid of typos and grammatical errors.
– At least five years of environmental consulting or other business consulting practice experience;
– Hard working and able to work independently and direct work of others;
– Excellent organizational skills;
– Excellent analytical skills;
– Strong attention to detail;
– Extremely internet savvy and computer literate (Mac and PC);
– Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and familiar with email marketing programs like Mailchimp and online registration programs like Eventbrite;
– Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
– Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to help build the business;
– Sense of humor; and,
– Passion for environmental causes.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you follow the instructions below in your submittal:
– Email subject line should be: Application // Project Manager, Events & Sustainability Strategy
– Resume attached as a PDF file – no longer than 1 page.
– Cover Letter attached as a PDF file – no longer than 1 page.
– Cover Letter addressed to: Miranda Goss
– Cover Letter describes why you are a good fit for the position and why you would like to work for a sustainability-driven operation.
Please refrain from contacting any other Three Squares Inc. team members during this application process. Only submit your application to Miranda at email@example.com.
** Failure to follow the instructions above communicates that this position is not a fit and your submission will not advance to the next stage.
|Job Category||Coordination, Corporate|
|Email address for enquiries||Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Instructions for how to apply||Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com|