Provision of Event organizing, Coordination and provide Technical expertise through the take-up of the Women Empowerment Principles
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In 2015, on 25 September, the United Nations General Assembly adopted unanimously the Resolution 70/1 Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Gender equality and women’s empowerment is at the heart of the agenda, as numerous goals and targets address structural barriers to achieve equal rights and opportunities between women and men, girls and boys.
The overall objective of the WeEmpower Asia programme is that more women lead, participate and have access to enhanced business opportunities and leadership within the private sector to advance sustainable and inclusive growth. The programme will achieve this through three complementary areas to be implemented in seven selected middle-income countries in Asia:
1: Women’s networks, public institutions, and the private sector will collaborate and share expertise and knowledge to build an enabling business environment for women’s economic empowerment in the workplace and in the market place
2: The capacity of women-owned businesses and women entrepreneurs will be developed to enable them to engage with government and private sector corporations in policy development and dialogues for advancing women’s economic empowerment, and
3: The private sector will be supported to implement gender-sensitive practices and culture within their businesses through the take-up of the Women Empowerment Principles (the WEPs – a set of guiding principles to achieve gender equality within companies).
SPECIFIC TASKS, EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMEFRAME
UN Women needs a service provider who will provide expertise in organizing and facilitating conversations to raise awareness and encourage/activate companies to to adapt and implement gender-sensitive practices and culture within their businesses through the take-up of the Women
These would include:
1. Identifying and engaging with a list of companies in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao;;
2. Designing and developing a comprehensive but efficient programme would guide the flow of the events/activities;
3. Encouraging companies to enlist and be a WEP champion by adapting, implementing (and signing) the WEPs ;
4. Assisting companies in putting together and implementing key action points to conduct and institutionalize gender-sensitive practices and culture within their businesses.
5. Coordinate and host a summit towards end of project to share lessons, challenges and actions moving forward to sustain the work.
The service provider is expected to leverage on existing networks aside from the networks and groups already identified and actively working with the UN Women, and further expand the pool of companies to ensure sustained and meaningful engagement, uptake/adaption and implementation of WEPs.
To raise awareness among private sector groups and companies and encourage/activate companies to adapt and implement gender-sensitive practices and culture within their businesses through the take-up of the Women Empowerment Principles. Specifically, the service provider will undertake the following:
• Organize and coordinate the awareness raising event – from company vetting/identification, to sending and confirming invitations;
• Host and facilitate the learning and awareness raising sessions;
• Encourage enlistment and adaption of WEPs among various private sector groups/companies;
• Assist in putting together and implementing key action points of enlisted private sector groups;
• Host an end of project summit/forum to share lessons, challenges and actions moving forward to sustain the work.
For more information click here. And here.
|Job Category||Conferences, Coordination, Meetings|
|Closing date for applications||15th February 2020|