Senior Manager, Event Content, The Climate Pledge
The Amazon Global Communities team is seeking an experienced content creator who can help build an exclusive global summit agenda for a unique and intimate event series focused on the recently announced Climate Pledge initiative – a commitment co-founded by Amazon and Global Optimism to meet the Paris agreement 10 years early. The Climate Pledge calls on signatories to be net zero carbon across their businesses by 2040—a decade ahead of the Paris Accord’s goal of 2050.
In this role, you will be responsible for strategizing, designing, developing, and managing an inspiring sustainability-focused annual event portfolio including small intimate roundtables right up to large scale events with hundreds of attendees. You will develop an agenda for each that resonates with the most senior C-level executives from large, global corporations as well as with NGOs in attendance. You will work to identify an appropriate overall event theme, break that theme down into critical topics, and then select the right speakers (internal Amazon speakers and the best external), and the right mix of content to create a compelling and engaging agenda for all attendees. The goal of the event is to inspire large, global companies to sign the pledge, which in turn will send an important signal to the market that it’s time to invest in the products and services the signatories will need to meet their commitments.
The successful candidate will effortlessly manage working with C-suite executives from across industry, internal leaders, and subject matter experts to identify trending content themes, create targeted messaging, and build programming reflective of the latest thinking in the area. You will manage the end-to-end process of content selection and delivery, goal definition, quality control, and the overall content bill of materials.
The ideal candidate is an extremely organized individual with experience managing highly visible projects with multiple global stakeholders, and has a demonstrated track record of taking complex and important topics and distilling them into must-attend content and event agenda. You will be very comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, and lean on your exemplary program and project management skills, excellent communication skills, and ability to prioritize the vital few from the trivial many.
- In partnership with the Sustainability team, identify topics and themes that are trending in the market and determine the best internal and external speakers and programming to address those topics.
- Oversee production and delivery of all event deliverables.
- Work directly with content owners to identify deliverables and deadlines, communicate expectations, and ensure results.
- Coordinate all agenda-related team meetings; documenting and distributing meeting notes, and action items.
- In partnership with our Event Management team, oversee event logistics related to sessions, including session room allocation and agenda management, and define requirements for room set-up, AV and video.
- Oversee speaker management, including organizing speaker training, scheduling reviews and rehearsals, managing all speaker communications, and providing on-site speaker support for the global events.
- Serve as final content editor to review and publish final session content and ensure quality control.
- Build speaker and content database and streamline the process for managing speaker requests/placements.
- Analyze content and speaker performance and develop ongoing content programming strategy based on trending topics and customer needs.
- Develop regular cadence of senior leadership reviews and reporting, and own the post-event evaluation summary.
10+ years of relevant work experience in related areas of sustainability, project management, event management, content management, or marketing
Experience with program and project management
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- Passionate about process and an innate attention to detail
- Excellent time management, resource management, and planning skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
- Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization
- Experience working with global content marketing / development team
- Candidate must be comfortable working with senior executives and internal experts to generate content, draft targeted messaging, and understand the business well enough to create programming
- Have the attention to detail to ensure that the work product is at the highest standard with exceptional written and visual communications, and to maintain version control of a constantly changing set of communication vehicles
Job ID: 1010118 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Click here for more information.
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://www.amazon.jobs/en-gb/jobs/1010118/sr-manager-event-content-the-climate-pledge|