Senior Manager, Women Deliver 2022 Conference
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment – political and financial – in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Manager will play a leading project manager role in planning the event logistics for the Women Deliver 2022 Conference. The conference is a convening space for diverse communities and advocates to ignite collaboration and a bolder movement toward gender equality and improved health and wellbeing of girls and women. The Senior Manager will oversee the logistical activities related to production leading up to, during, and after the conference in 2022.
The Senior Manager will demonstrate both exceptional event management skills and ability to work with contractors and vendors in different locations and across time zones. They will demonstrate superb organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and time-management.
The Senior Manager will coordinate several consultants, part-time staff and full-time staff including the professional conference organizer, production team, security team, and protocol team. They will be responsible for coordinating with the conference center to ensure the success of the conference related to scheduling, IT/AV, catering, accessibility, and safety.
This is an opportunity to guide and inspire a dynamic group of consultants and staff to integrate the latest technologies and processes with world class content to make the world’s largest conference on gender equality a global game changer.
This new position will report to the Director, Women Deliver 2022 Conference.
- Serve as project manager and point person for the Women Deliver 2022 Conference related to logistics of the venue and vendor contracts related to the conference center, hotels, registration, and travel, security, and protocol.
- Manage up and across functional teams to achieve conference goals and objectives.
- Manage consultant relationships for logistics, production, protocol, security, and accessibility. Create RFPs and hire vendors.
- Establish and manage process and milestone timelines. Regularly communicate deadlines and interdependency.
- Work closely with:
- Professional Conference Organizer to manage registration, travel, hotel, transportation, and exhibition hall and side event sales and logistics.
- Conference Center to manage schedule, logistics, IT/AV, catering, accessibility, etc.
- PCO and assigned Visa Liaison to ensure a seamless visa application process for delegates, including sponsored delegates.
- Production team overseeing elements including but not limited to: security, credentialing, crowd control, technical production, staging and design.
- Security team to manage the safety and security of delegates on site.
- Protocol consultant to develop and approve plan for handling conference VIPs.
- Finance Team and Conference Director to track and manage conference budget.
- Communications Team to develop integrated branding, collateral, templates, and plan for participant experience across program elements- including conference app and the innovative Virtual Conference.
- Propose new ideas to improve services and processes.
- Ensure compliance with legal, health, and safety regulations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any problems in a timely manner.
- Contribute to Women Deliver’s organization-wide strategic planning efforts.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS required; Master’s highly preferred.
- 8-10 years of work experience, ideally with emphasis in project management, event management, and global development.
- Experience managing event productions or working with production vendors.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated budget management and financial skills.
- Ability to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail-oriented.
- Superb English language writing and editing skills; professional communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with diverse audiences, consultants, and organizations to ensure productive partnerships.
- Ability to design and implement creative, analytical approaches to improve programs and processes, and to be flexible to change should these approaches need course correcting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and adept in creating professional PowerPoint presentation.
- Experience using project management online tools.
- Spanish, French or other language skills preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed to/from conference host location.
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States, without sponsorship.
Location: New York City
Posted: December 2019
Position Start Date: March/April 2020
Priority Deadline: January 31, 2020 (rolling application review thereafter)
Visit here for more information
|Job Category||Conferences, Coordination|
|Instructions for how to apply||Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Closing date for applications||31st January 2020|