Senior Project Manager, COP26
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 280 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
About the role
In December 2020 the UK will play host to a meeting of countries from around the world to further international cooperation on climate action. The meeting, COP26, is a critical moment for the Paris Agreement as it is the moment when countries agreed to update their climate action efforts by enhancing their objectives and concrete measures for reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, adapting to climate change, and financing the climate transition.
Working closely with the Director of the International Group and UK Programme in particular, along with other programmes across the European Climate Foundation (ECF), the COP26 Senior Project Manager will play a key role in driving and implementing COP26 strategy and activities. This will involve helping coordinate and manage ECF internal COP26 activities, engaging with a wide variety of partners conducting activities around and directly related to COP26 (including strategic partners, funders and grantees) and engaging with policy makers and officials from UK, European, and International governments.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Strategy refinement and implementation: support the Directors and other Programmes to refine and unite the co-developed ECF COP26 strategy, priorities, workplan, and budgets; co-developing and implementing strategies with our network of grantees and partners; monitoring and evaluating progress and impact of initiatives and grants.
- Project management: supporting the Directors and teams to manage and monitor the delivery of key work stream deliverables through frequent communication with partners, colleagues and funders, ensuring accountability.
- Internal coordination and communication: liaising with ECF’s programmes and the organisation’s operations and communications teams to ensure proper and timely dissemination of information, and consistency and complementarity of different projects and work streams.
- Strategic networking: build and maintain partnerships with key individuals across the policymaking, business and civil society communities in the UK, Europe, and Internationally as necessary; convening meetings; representing ECF at meetings, debriefing ECF and organising follow-up.
- Grant-making: identifying key grantees in collaboration with the ECF programmes, liaising with some key grantees.
- Donor Engagement: Act as one of the key points of contact on COP26 for ECF’s funders and other members of the philanthropic community across Europe and elsewhere; this includes working closely with ECF’s External Relations team to manage fundraising processes, funding proposal writing, and funder reporting as required.
- 5+ years experience in either a public authority, a civil society organisation, or a company working in the climate field;
- Proven track record of working strategically in an environment that demands professionalism, discretion and confidentiality;
- Structured, driven and able to manage many processes simultaneously;
- Strong diplomatic and networking skills that enable relationship building and effective collaboration with a diverse group of partners;
- An in-depth understanding of the UK Government, structure and processes. A good understanding of UNFCCC process would be an advantage;
- Strategic agile leader, with the ability to follow through with smart and adaptive implementation plans;
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills;
- An independent self-starter able to work on his/her own as well as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English;
- Ability to crystallise complex issues into comprehensive and accessible strategy documents and presentations.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- An 18-month, full-time contract.
As soon as possible
How to apply
- CV (in English)
- short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role (in English)
|Instructions for how to apply||Upload a CV and short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role at https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/senior_project_manager_cop26_7483/en/|