Sustainability and Impact Project Manager
Powered by Nature™, The world’s most exciting racing on-water, SailGP was established in 2018 and is headquartered in London and New York. The annual, global championship Races for the Future accelerating change in everything it does.
The fan-centric, inshore racing takes place among the sport’s top athletes in some of the most iconic harbors around the world and offers the sport’s largest monetary prize. Rival national teams battle it out in identical supercharged F50 catamarans, engineered for intense racing at electrifying speeds exceeding 60 mph/100 kph.
SailGP is the first climate positive sports and entertainment property, and the organization’s ambition is to be the world’s most sustainable, and purpose driven global sports and entertainment platform. SailGP take their responsibility to the planet seriously and are driven by impact. The key focus areas are making the sport more inclusive and championing a world powered by nature.
SailGP is a global organization with defined values that shape the culture of its diverse team: deliver the best, break boundaries, make an impact, stand together, and strike a balance.
The SailGP Purpose and Impact team are looking for a passionate, dynamic, collaborative individual to drive best-in class sustainable innovation across the league’s key projects. Working as part of the Purpose and Impact team, the role is a great opportunity to project manage some of the sports leading impact projects including the first every integrated Impact League.
- Overall coordination of all projects and stakeholders across purpose and impact to ensure cohesive and efficient working that deliver real results. This includes coordinating teams, projects, business areas and ensuring centralised documentation.
- Responsible for Impact League coordination across the business, including team coordination and managing the external consultants and audit process.
- Responsible for planning and delivering local impact projects with each host city (i.e., clean energy & blue carbon projects) working with the local event teams and comms teams to tell the story.
- Lead event and season sustainability reporting to help promote SailGP as a leader in sustainable sport.
- Maintain sustainability risks and opportunities register and ensure compliance in all jurisdictions in which we race.
- Manage all sustainability event and wider training across the league working with SailGP People team.
- Supporting delivery of sustainability events across the league working with the Sustainability Events Operations Manager.
- Support sustainability internal communications strategy and delivery with SailGP People and Communications teams.
- Develop and manage sustainability strategy budget and report monthly.
- Support purpose and impact business integration and internal communications strategy and delivery with Purpose and Communications teams.
- Work with Commercial and Partnership teams to review new and existing partners and drive collaboration on sustainable initiatives.
- Support Purpose Partnership Manager to develop the relationship with Race for the Future Partners which enhance the #RacefortheFuture program and the thought-leadership event Champions for Change program.
- Perform such other duties as reasonably required by SailGP for the successful performance of the role.
- Hours and workload may be irregular, depending on the seasonal event calendar; may be required to interact with the SailGP team in multiple time zones and be expected to perform revisions in the early morning or late night leading up to events.
- Solid and demonstrable experience in sustainability delivery, reporting and business integration.
- Proven track record in internal and external stakeholder management whilst maintaining strong communication skills.
- Project management and coordination experience.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A values driven, credible and delivery focused individual
- A collaborative and solutions-focused mindset
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- An expert stakeholder manager
- Entrepreneurial and passionate with a desire to exceed expectations
- Superior organisation, prioritisation and project management skills
- Extremely strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Strong communication skills, culturally sensitive and able to effectively work globally
Location / Travel
- The role will be required to work from or have meetings at our London office on a frequent basis, whilst working from home is the primary work location.
SailGP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
|Job Category||Audit, Coordination, Outdoor|