Who are The Bulb?
The Bulb provides consultancy to agencies, brands and NGO’s to create events and campaigns that don’t hurt the Planet. We work with teams to create sustainability strategies that work in practice and provide consultancy from concept and design through to delivery and derig. Our end goal is to ensure projects are executed sustainably without compromising creativity meaning our clients get a great event with a great legacy.
The requirement for events to be sustainable is growing, and so is our team. This role is the first step to growing a team of sustainability experts for the event industry, who can respond to client’s ever growing demands for events and campaigns with an environmental conscience.
We’re based in the Midlands and plan to have office space in Birmingham City Centre once lockdown has lifted. Whilst someone in the West Midlands is preferred, it’s not essential – we’re looking for the right person, not the right location. We operate on a flexible schedule, knowing that people work better at different times of the day so for us it’s about quality of work, not quantity or working a 9-5.
What’s we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join the team on a full time contract. This is an initial six month contract with a view to going permanent.
Our ideal candidate would have 3 years + of experience working with companies to take them through the journey of business transformation to a sustainable model. This would include the process of gap analysis, forming sustainability objectives and KPIs, writing sustainability strategies (including all three pillars of sustainability – environmental, social and economic) and experience in implementing the strategy into the business operations.
We work with our clients to bridge the value-action gap and so it’s important that the candidate can create plans that work in practice, is operational in their mindset and has case studies to demonstrate this in action.
We’re looking for someone who can commit fully to The Bulb. Event industry experience is desirable but not essential.
We’re looking for someone to start August 2021 – but will wait for the right candidate.
The day-to-day role will include (but is not limited to):
- Working on projects to meet client deliverables
- Confident to run workshops and training sessions
- Championing agency processes to ensure project delivery is as efficient and worry free as possible
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key clients. ● Identifying opportunities for growth within our existing client base. ● Supporting new business with proposals and pitches
- Experience of carrying out gap analysis and/or materiality assessments ● Working with our clients to identify sustainability hotspots and create sustainability strategies that work in practice
- Understanding of sustainable design, materials and circular economy principles
- Can create plans for energy efficiency, transportation, waste management and food and beverage
- Understanding of social sustainability including equality, diversity and inclusion and local community impacts.
- Ability to create and write excellent sustainability strategies and supporting operational documentation
- Experience of implementing business change
- Experience of ISO 140001 and ISO 20121
- Advanced in Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Start date: August 2021
- Salary between £30,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working hours and policy
- Holiday allowance of 21 days per year
- Birthday given an additional day off it falls on a working day
- Initial six month contract
Email a covering email and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30 July.
|Job Category||Business Development, Coordination, Corporate, ISO20121, Research|