The Birmingham 2022 Games are committed to showing leadership in sustainability by delivering the Games to appropriate international standards. All employees of Birmingham 2022 will have the responsibility to ensure they understand and apply the principles of sustainable development to Birmingham 2022 planning and delivery.
We are looking for an experienced Sustainability Coordinator, who will primarily support the Sustainability & Legacy Manager to implement and maintain a sustainable events management system in accordance with the International Standard ISO 20121, and to coordinate a legacy portfolio to fully realise the benefits and opportunities associated with the Birmingham 2022 Games.
This position will play a key role in strategic and operational planning, data capture and analysis and the coordinated delivery of projects as directed by the Manager. It is likely that the role will evolve with the changing needs of Birmingham 2022.
- Act as a key contact for the Sustainability and Legacy with the other organisation wide functional area (FA’s).
- Support the Sustainability and Legacy Manager to implement and maintain a sustainable event management system based on the international standard ISO 20121.
- Champion a sustainability and legacy mindset in all strategic planning and delivery activities.
- Educate internal and external parties on sustainability issues, including delivering training.
- Independently manage key programs of work as required.
- Prepare communications pieces for publication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create venue Environmental Plans and work with the Venues team to audit venues pre-Games.
- Play a key role in the development of other planning activities such as strategic planning, operational planning, functional planning and contingency planning.
- Develop and manage program and project schedules and deliver upon relevant milestones in accordance with the Games-wide project plan.
- Responsible for managing relationships with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to Birmingham 2022, and influencing stakeholders to ensure a positive outcome.
Skills & Experience Required
- Comprehensive understanding of sustainability.
- High level of organisational skills and experience in managing demanding projects simultaneously.
- Substantial post-graduate experience in management of a key sustainability portfolio is desirable, however you can be qualified by experience.
- Substantial project management experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, the ability to influence others and manage relationships
- Data management including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Suite.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to download a guaranteed interview scheme form to include with your application please see the B2022 Get Involved/jobs page on the B2022 website.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
Gi Group are proud to be the Official Recruiters for the Birmingham 2022
Commonwealth Games which will be held across the West Midlands.
This will be the largest multi-sport event to be held in the UK for 10 years,
and over the next two years we are pleased to be recruiting over 1,000 roles across multiple specialisms.
|Job Category||Coordination, Outdoor|