Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Sustainability Manager supports the Director of Sustainable Operations in executing initiatives that uphold the corporate strategy for environmental sustainability.
The position will manage programs and initiatives that support the strategic plan for sustainability and advance the reputation and awareness of the Company’s sustainability initiatives. This will include executing sustainable events with high profile clients, liaising with food and beverage operations at multiple properties on food donations program, support material and waste operations and employee engagement initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with convention sales teams to engage important convention clients and prospects on MGM’s industry leading sustainable events program
- Track and drive revenue growth associated with sustainable events ($95M in 2019 revenue)
- Train meetings & conventions staff on sustainable events program
- Help clients understand the drivers of event environmental impacts, help reduce those impacts and provide quantitative environmental reports
- Develop and execute sustainable event plans in collaboration with clients, and help convention services and catering teams implement these plans during client events
- Support materials and waste programming at resort properties and venues
- Help coordinate materials & waste initiatives and donation programs during client events
- Liaise between CSD, F&B Operations, F&B Safety and Three Square Food Bank and ensure smooth process for each food donation
- Train property F&B and Food Safety Teams on Standard Operation Procedures
- Support internal communication and events focused on sustainability
- Manage environmental certifications for event venues
- Manage and develop programs that engage, educate and excite employee base
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Hospitality experience
- Sustainability experience
- Degree in areas related to environment or hospitality
- Sustainable event knowledge and experience
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP)
- Sustainable Event Professional Certificate (SEPC) Holder
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- An understanding of hospitality
- Broad perspective
- Capable of seeing new and creative possibilities for effectively executing the strategies of the company
- Exceptional listening & strategic thinking skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Customer-centric mindset
- Excellent presentation skills
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world’s leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at email@example.com.
|Job Category||Audit, Coordination, Corporate|