Proactively collaborate with the Olympic Movement, provide them with support, expertise and guidance across topics related to but not limited to biodiversity, climate and circular economy, to help them integrate sustainability within their organisations and operations. Collect data to support and track progress against the IOC’s climate positive strategy.
- Support and contribute to the day-to-day implementation of the IOC Sustainability Strategy.
- Proactively collaborate with the Olympic Movement, provide them with support, expertise and guidance to help them integrate sustainability within their organisations and operations.
- Establish an internal monitoring system to track overall progress and report on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, identify issues and risks to the programme.
- Ensure relevant internal Functions/ Departments are regularly informed of progress.
- Collect data to support and track progress against the IOC’s climate positive strategy
- Collect and analyse data for the calculation and reporting of sustainability indicators and the IOC carbon footprint.
- Collect and analyse information and data from suppliers to check compliance with the IOC sustainable sourcing approach.
- Lead and/ or contribute to other projects of the sustainability unit, as needed.
- Stay informed of emerging trends and best practices, track and analyse trends in sustainability and in clients’ industries.
Operations within Department for Corporate Sustainable Development
- Contribute to and foster interactions and information flow within the team.
- Support the team as per needs identified by the Department Director.
- Introduce the IOC’s role and mission to new employees and others as required.
Training, language and IT competences
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in a sustainability related role (including climate, biodiversity, circular economy).
- Excellent understanding of sustainability and CSR strategic approaches and advisory tools.
- Practical experience in sustainability reporting.
- Proven project management experience.
- Knowledge of current international sustainability tools and trends, (e.g. SDGs related) and their application in business.
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and how they can be integrated into business to create measurable value.
- Excellent client servicing skills,
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal):
- Fluent oral and written English and French. Spanish/Portuguese would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge and command of Microsoft Office tools.
Department: Corporate & Sustainable Development
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended Contract
Activity Level: 100%
Entry date: 01.11.2021
The International Olympic Committee is a not-for-profit independent organisation committed to building a better world through sport. By joining us, you become part of the Olympic Movement. You will have the opportunity to work in an international and flexible environment with people of more than 50 nationalities.
|Job Category||Audit, Business Development, Outdoor, Research|