FIFA and the Qatar LOC have created a new Joint Venture, which is responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The Sustainability Manager is responsible for supporting the overall implementation of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Sustainability Policy and Strategy and the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC Sustainability Project, with a particular focus on the environmental and sustainable sourcing initiatives.
- Support the implementation of the Sustainability Policy across relevant tournament projects.
- Coordinate the delivery of the Sustainability Strategy across functions and organisations to deliver world-class environmental solutions, and in particular to ensure the achievement of strategic objectives related to sustainable building certification and the reduction of carbon emissions, air pollution, waste sent to landfill and water use.
- Design and implement sustainable procurement practices that protect people’s rights and well-being, reduce environmental impacts and promote economic development.
- Support the maintenance of an effective sustainability management system for the tournament in line with the requirements of ISO 20121, including the development and implementation of action plans and operational processes, capacity building, stakeholder engagement and communication, monitoring and evaluation of sustainability performance, and sustainability reporting and knowledge transfer.
- Work closely with FIFA Sustainability staff based in Zurich and relevant teams within FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC and the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy to deliver jointly managed projects and activities.
- Assist the planning and coordination of meetings, workshops and site visits.
For more details, visit https://www.globalsportsjobs.com/jobs/sustainability-manager-job-doha-191063-31.html
|Job Category||Coordination, Outdoor|
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://www.globalsportsjobs.com/jobs/sustainability-manager-job-doha-191063-31.html|
|Closing date for applications||17th October 2019|