Sustainability Outreach Coordinator
Administers a University program of small to medium scope.
Responsible for program management and development, public relations and marketing, communications, supervision, facilities, information systems, administrative and legislative advocacy and the development of a long-term sustainability plan.
The Yale Office of Sustainability strives to advance sustainability within the Yale community by acting as a catalyst for information exchange and facilitating capacity building, innovation, streamlined operations, and preparation of tomorrow’s sustainability leaders. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Sustainability Outreach Coordinator is responsible for programs, events, and communications to help build a robust and diverse sustainability community across Yale in support of the Yale Sustainability Plan 2025.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Event Management: Lead the organization of high-profile campus-wide events, including Celebrate Sustainability week in October and the Yale Earth Day Awards in April.
- Communications: Develop content and publicity for Yale Sustainability’s communication efforts targeting internal and external audiences (incl. news stories, press releases, web content, etc.).
- Create monthly campaigns to highlight progress and initiatives. Manage Yale Sustainability’s social media outlets.
- Undergraduate Programming: Manage Yale College Sustainability Aides in 14 colleges to execute Yale College Sustainability Action Plans.
- Train incoming students annually, act as a liaison to college Operations Managers and Facilities Superintendents, and coordinate regular reporting on plan goals.
- Support programming and communications with student interest groups. Spring Salvage: Manage Yale’s end of the year move-out program, including planning, communications, liaising with residential college leadership, coordination with external donation partners, hiring and management of 30 student workers, and reporting.
- Visibility: In support of the Yale Sustainability Strategic Plan and the Office’s Visibility Strategy, present at conferences and events, coordinate with peer institutions on shared efforts, and advance innovation and creativity in communicating about Yale’s sustainability efforts.
The following Principal Responsibilities are generic in nature; the information contained in this Position Focus are most relevant to this position.
- In support of the overall mission, plans, directs and oversees programmatic activities.
- Develops, implements, and maintains operational policies and procedures.
- Manages program communications; identifies outreach potential, and promotes philanthropic and collaborative support of the program.
- Works closely with leadership, internal and external colleagues, and community residents to further develop and implement strategic plans.
- Identifies, solicits, and cultivates community partnerships and collaborations to assist in the development and growth of the program.
- Tracks all program activities and regularly informs leadership of progress on each initiative. Recommends structural or programmatic adjustments, changes or additions based on full knowledge of missions, goals, and objectives. Develops metrics to identify and measure the success of the program.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating potential future funding sources, and contributes to the submission of grants and contracts supporting the program, including the annual submission and writing of all content areas and budgetary sections of grant applications.
- Develops and manages the program’s operating budget.
- Manages the administrative infrastructure of the program. Manages human resources including staffing and hiring, supervision, performance development, counseling and discipline, if warranted. Oversees and manages information systems, facilities, and space needs.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Superior writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated ability managing social media platforms and campaigns.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong time management skills and proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. Exceptional administrative, planning, organizational and project management skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse constituency, including staff, students, faculty, and other community members
Required Licenses or Certifications
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply through Yale STARS, requisition 57535BR.|
|Closing date for applications||15th September 2019|