UK-based event production and management agency to deliver international summit/replenishment conference
Request for Proposals
The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) is an international coalition of governments, academic, philanthropic, private, public, and intergovernmental institutions with an aim to help prevent outbreaks of emerging infectious diseases from becoming humanitarian crises.
Our mission is to accelerate the development of vaccines against emerging infectious diseases and enable equitable access to these vaccines for affected populations during outbreaks. We identify priority threats and act when market forces fail to drive needed development.
CEPI is at the forefront of international efforts to develop COVID-19 vaccine candidates and ensure these are made globally available. During the current pandemic, CEPI initiated multiple programmes to develop vaccines against SARS-CoV-2 and its variants with a focus on speed, scale and access. CEPI also co-leads COVAX alongside our partners Gavi and the World Health Organization (WHO). COVAX’s current goal is to develop, manufacture and fairly allocate 2 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine to vulnerable populations around the world by the end of 2021. To date, more than 119 million COVAX doses have already been delivered to over 135 countries, with 1.9 billion doses forecast to be available for supply through COVAX by the end of 2021.
Outside our work on COVID-19, CEPI is also funding the development of vaccines against Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), Nipah, Lassa, Rift Valley fever, Chikungunya and Ebola. CEPI is also working in the development of innovative platform technologies that enable rapid vaccine development against known and unknown pathogens, or ‘Disease X’. CEPI’s work on such platform technologies was able to be adapted in response to COVID-19 and ultimately led to the development of the Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccine .
CEPI operates under the laws of Norway as a non-profit international association and has offices in Oslo (HQ), London, and Washington, DC.
More details about CEPI and our mission can be found on our website: www.cepi.net
Scope of Tender
In early 2022, CEPI will host a high-level international summit/replenishment conference – in partnership with the Government of the UK – to raise funds for the coalition’s long-term R&D plan to eliminate the threat posed by epidemic and pandemic infectious diseases. The summit will support CEPI’s and the UK’s goal of compressing vaccine development to 100 days, which could avert future pandemics and save millions of lives.
This replenishment conference will be the culminating moment of a year-long campaign aimed to secure financing for CEPI’s next 5-year business cycle (2022-2026).
CEPI is looking to procure the services of a UK-based event production and management agency with experience in delivering large-scale in-person, virtual and/or hybrid international summits with high-level delegates (ie, heads of state, senior ministers, and other VIPs). Applicants should have the ability to manage all the elements of an in-person event and simultaneous live streaming of the event through digital channels.
Applicants should have extensive experience in planning, coordinating, and live management of similar events, including demonstrable knowledge of health, safety and security requirements necessary for successful delivery of such events. Given the high-profile nature of this event, cyber resilience will be a key consideration in the event planning and the successful applicant will work closely with CEPI’s Cyber Security and Risk Management teams to integrate necessary cyber security measures. They will also be required to adhere to CEPI’s Third Party Code of Conduct.
The successful applicant will also have responsibility for the planning, preparation, and management of all logistical issues and arrangements related to the hosting of the summit, including live management of the event. They will also work closely with CEPI and its UK government counterparts to identify suitable service providers, as needed, and arrange for all logistics, catering, interpretation and assistance, accommodation, audio/visual equipment, IT support, and other related arrangements.
In association with the main event, an additional side-event(s) might also be planned and the successful applicant will also be expected to managing the production/delivery of this side event(s). The main conference venue, and any additional side-event space, will be procured separately by CEPI.
Detailed specifications for the services and tasks/deliverables being requested under this assignment include, but are not limited to the following criteria:
- Date of the summit to be in Q1, 2022
- Location: London (TBC)
- Estimated number of attendees to include around 200 high-level guests, in addition to a similar number of support and event staff.
- Multiple plans for the event format must be developed to include plans for in-person, hybrid, and virtual events (to accommodate changing pandemic situations)
- Duration of the conference will be 1 or 2 days
- Coordination of participant management (including invitations, registration, accommodation, and assistance)
- Coordination of live streaming of the event through various digital channels
- Arranging catering (coffee breaks, lunches, dinners)
- Arranging of the side-event and conference rooms, including A/V, lighting, and other room set-up requirements
- Arranging meeting assistance (hostesses/stewards)
- Arranging simultaneous interpreters and associated A/V equipment for guests to listen
- Arranging ground transportation where necessary
- Arranging stage design
- Security liaison
- Coordinating printing and distribution of branded event materials (event programmes, name badges, welcome packs, and other related materials)
- Assist with organisation of international travel and visa requirements of high-level guests
- Provision of a Project Director, Manager, and Coordinator who will work with the CEPI team on a regular basis. Project Director should have a minimum experience of 10 years in this field, speak fluent English, and have full availability, especially in the run up to the event.
- Providing regular updates to CEPI and regularly attend coordination meetings with CEPI and its UK counterparts
Tenderers who are able to provide complete services, including but not limited to, catering, logistics, travel, as well as overall conference management are encouraged to submit one tender application which covers all relevant areas.
We are seeking tenders from event companies, based in the United Kingdom, who can provide event management and organising services.
The successful tenderer will work closely with CEPI’s Resource Mobilisation and Investor Relations Team, the Communications & Advocacy Team in addition to cooperating with CEPI’s UK counterparts.
The Contractor will sign and abide by a non-disclosure agreement related to access to information.
To be considered for a contract award under this tender, all tenders must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a full-service events agency with the staff and capabilities necessary to deliver a high-profile international conference (both in person and virtually).
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in holding in-person, hybrid and virtual events, preferably attended by high-level (government) officials and other dignitaries (experience with replenishment conferences or similar events will be an advantage)
- Experience working and liaising with Government departments
- Understanding of how Cyber Security considerations might impact event planning and experience working with Cyber Security teams to integrate necessary cyber security measures.
- Experience negotiating with and contracting vendors (ie, photographers, florists, caterers, technical and transportation services on a variety of goods and services such as security, lighting, sound equipment, displays, stages, parking, food and drink and any other essential item to ensure the success of the event)
- Experience monitoring the delivery of goods and services to ensure contract terms are satisfied; adhere to legal, insurance, and health and safety regulations
- Highly organised approach to project management, with proven experience in managing multiple stakeholders to ensure key project deadlines are met.
- Proven ability to deliver on tight deadlines and to manage competing priorities effectively
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned or requested
Please note that as part of our assessment we may ask tenderers to provide references from clients with whom they have previously worked to validate their experience.
The expected time scale for the procurement process is summarised in the table below. CEPI reserves the right to change the time schedule at any time.
|Request for proposals advertised||23 July 2021|
Deadline for submission of written proposal
|20 August, 2021 (23:59:59 BST)|
|Interviews/pitches for shortlisted companies||w/c 6 Sept, 2021|
|Contract initiation and agreement||w/c 13 Sept, 2021|
Click here for more information
|Job Category||Conferences, Virtual|
- Clear explanation of how you meet the eligibility criteria
- Brief background information on company including details of previous experience in relevant areas
- Budget estimates for:
- An in-person event
- A hybrid event
- A completely virtual event.
- Budgets should be submitted in Excel format.
- Budgets need not be exact at this stage, but should be indicative of overall costs for the provision of the services required.
- Completed tender declaration form (Appendix A)
- Completed supplier details form (Appendix B)