Virtual Events Project Manager
Harris Hill is delighted to be working with the award winning, Muscle Help Foundation in their urgent search for a Virtual Events Project Manager (Actual title is Virtual Muscle Dream Maker)
The Muscle Help Foundation (MHF) is an award-winning small specialist national family-centred charity that delivers transformational, highly personalised, empowering experiences in the UK (ie. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), called Muscle Dreams for children and young people with muscular dystrophy and allied neuromuscular conditions.
As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, their activities had been delayed but the organisation is determined to continue their vital work.
This “Proof of Concept” project is funded by BBC Children in Need, so is absolutely essential that we find the right person to deliver on the organisation one goal:
Plan and implement virtual Muscle Dream programme experiences fulfil programme interventions like MHF’s pre-Christmas Virtual Laughter Muscle Dream Programme that saw 17 beneficiaries and their family’s participate, and singular family interventions like Christian’s Virtual Muscle Dream experience
Overall, this is an event / project management role below an insight into the specific activities that you will be required to undertake:
Muscle Dream programme ideas will have already been established by the charity’s CEO your role will be to project manage and deliver the programmes:
- Confirm date with key delivery partner/s (liaise with CEO)
- Promote programme via MHF’s social media channels
- Communicate programme participation to successful beneficiary families
- Check families have required technology to interact virtually
- Online application form/s, amend exiting online forms if required
- Ensure the charity’s safeguarding protocols are administered and met
- Manage invitation process
- Arrange tech delivery solution ie. hosted on Zoom, resources etc, mentimeter
- Arrange post delivery film-clip for family and also social media channels
- Arrange special ‘gifts’ (voucher + book) to be sent directly to families
- Capture, report and reconcile programme & singular costs
- Follow-up with comms to include MHF online evaluation questionnaire
- Organise film-clip with MHF provider & promote via social & update website
- From outset, interface with Evaluation Consultant agreeing framework & providing data (ongoing throughout project timeline)
- Excellent event and project management skills
- Self-starter who can work independently is critical
- Enjoys talking to and virtually meeting people
- Time management
- Social media, digital skills (essential)
- Experience of Mentimeter audience engagement online tool (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- An eye for detail, with bags of initiative to quickly grasp what needs to be done
- Sensitivity in listening and responding in a thoughtful / considered manner
- High levels of empathy in communicating with our clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) families
- Excellent organisational skills with strong project management abilities
- Initiative and creative input to help shape delivery
- An eye for detail
- Outstanding admin skills, specifically recording & updating using software tools in real time.
- Passionate attitude that reflects the charity’s vision, mission and values
- A commitment to and an understanding of disability issues
- A commitment to and an understanding of equal opportunities & diversity
We welcome applications from anyone who feels they meet this specification and has the enthusiasm, drive and passion to take on this key appointment at a time that continues to be extremely challenging for this clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) community.
Due to the urgent nature and start date of this role, the client will select the first, best candidate that comes forward, so do not delay.