Xfinity Center Sustainability Coordinator
These simple words encapsulate the driving philosophy behind everything we do at C3 Presents. We create, market and produce live experiences, concerts and events – just about anything that makes people stand up and cheer.C3 is the force behind two of the country’s top music festivals – Austin City Limits Music Festival and Lollapalooza. Every year, each of these festivals attracts more than 200,000 people over a three-day weekend and is staged in beloved greenspaces in the urban heart of its host city. C3’s track record of professional excellence has earned them multi-year agreements to continue these festivals.
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world s leading live entertainment and e-commerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network.
As the largest producer of live music concerts, Live Nation Concerts operates over 45 venues across the United States. For additional information, visit .
WHO ARE YOU?
You are passionate about the environment and have experience in events management and/or operations. You are great at problem solving on the fly, aren t scared to get dirty, and maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude. You are very organized and an effective communicator. You are comfortable providing direction, while also being willing to jump in and help whenever necessary.
All employees have a leading role in the service experience of our guests. That s why SAFETY for employees and guests is our first priority. We show CARE around every corner and look to create ENCORE moments of service excellence for everyone. And our commitment to EFFICIENCY, is our way of staying well-organized. So join us! We need these kinds of skills and talents as we Create Once in a Lifetime Experiences for our Fans.
Xfinity Center is seeking a Venue Sustainability Coordinator to help us take our sustainability programs to the next level. This role will provide administrative and exceptional support to drive effective and successful implementation of venue sustainability programs. This position will operate under the guidance of Live Nation s nation Sustainability Team but will report directly to the Xfinity Center Operations Manager and be part of the venue operations team. This is a seasonal, part-time position from May 1 October 1 working an average of 30 hours per week. Hours per week will vary depending on show schedule and business needs at the time.
- Training and Employee Engagement and Recognition:
- Participate in pre-season orientation with Live Nation s national sustainability Team
- Participate and help lead pre-season venue training sessions relevant to sustainability
- Work with Venue Leaders to relay pertinent day of show information to supervisors to share during pre-shift meetings
- Work with the Venue Experience Manager to identify and reward band members for going above the norm in their contributions to venue zero waste goals.
- Continuously seek out opportunities that help build enthusiasm and participation for venue sustainability efforts.
- Provide regular updates to entire venue staff to share progress, recognize employees and identify areas of improvement.
- Zero Waste Planning and Execution:
- Oversee and assist the post-show sorting process of all recycling, composting and landfill materials which will take place in an outdoor covered area
- Work with Venue Leaders to design a comprehensive zero waste plan for your venue and assist specific departments with their diversion efforts
- Be present on show days to manage and ensure compliance and quality control of zero waste plan.
- Use event day check list to assess readiness for show and adjust as necessary
- Identify key opportunities to improve diversion efforts throughout the season.
- Reporting and Data Collection:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Box programs to track and report on key program metrics
- Use metrics to create engaging venue reports that can be shared venue-wide
- Complete the Venue Audit assessment
- Participate in weekly progress calls with National Sustainability Team
- Position on show days requires about 90% of the time spent walking, bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and carrying 50+ lobs with about 50% of that time spent helping/overseeing the sort of materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of the following: operations/event coordination, Guest Services and communications, event or campus sustainability/zero waste events
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Acute sense of judgement, tact and diplomacy
- A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
- Time Management
|Instructions for how to apply||Apply online at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/sustainability-coordinator-at-live-nation-1380011124/|
|Closing date for applications||8th March 2019|