A virtual event is an event that happens completely online, that attendees can access from wherever they are, providing they have internet access.
Whilst we love live events, we have long been advocates for the virtual event. Virtual events are inherently more sustainable because they have much less waste and lower carbon emissions, from not having to transport your attendees to your event location or heat and power a venue.
Some interesting ideas to consider are:
- Pre-engagement sessions in advance of the virtual event to build excitement
- Gamification of event content and leadership boards to increase engagement
- Virtual chat rooms connected to social networks, such as Linkedin
- Use digital algorithms to match delegates based on their work and interests
- Q&A sessions supported by a content library and live links to demo videos
- Virtual breaks in partnership with catering suppliers to deliver nutritious lunches to the virtual attendees.
We think it is time to embrace this completely new sub sector of events – the virtual event – to enhance rather than replace your events portfolio.